Wednesday, September 23, 2009

sad day

Sitting here with knots in my stomach, I want to scream, cry, and throw up. Today I have to say Goodbye. Goodbye to a friend I met during the worst time in our life's. John and I met the Lambersons at BSA on the 6th floor. The nurses had told me about a family going through the same thing as John and I . Same cancer and everything. Would I talk to them the nurse asked. It was Johns second time to be going through Leukemia so they thought us being the same age and all it could help them. I went to Mikkas room and talked to her husband Lance, Mikka didn't want to meet anyone at the time. Later that night Mikka and Lance came to Johns room and we sat and talked. From there a friendship grew.
Strangers brought together in a time of need and sickness. Mikka and I would talk on the phone and when she came to Amarillo we had our lunch dates. Olive garden or Jonnies.. My heart is aching right now as I waste time waiting to drive to Panhandle. I prayed that I could find someone to attend the funeral with me. I'm going alone and right now I feel so very weak.
I hate CANCER I hate what it does to people and their families. Mikka is already missed, I won't get those text messages, or lunch dates no more, She is in Heaven with my love John. God I pray to make it through this day. I just can't bare to lose another friend. I'm adding a picture of Mikka and her Children please pray for their family. Rest in peace my dear friend, I'll miss our friendship.


No comments: